Why is SVSR investing so heavily in Research, Development and Innovation?
There are many factors for change, which requires a lot to stay ahead. These are some of the important reasons:
- Population growth and urban density (eg. By 2050 Sydney is predicted to have 8 million inhabitants) putting more pressure on existing assets such as roads and essential services
- Increased importation of foreign goods into the Australian economy, including new materials such as nanotechnology
- The impacts of climate change, which will be especially challenging for the Water Industry
- The baby boomers reaching retirement age, with their expectation of a comfortable lifestyle and efficient service, even from cash-strapped Water Utilities.
- Increased digital integration and connection, the “Internet of Things” connecting people with the media, the community and their service providers.